Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a great start and the weather is starting to warm up wherever you are.
I mentioned last week that my Illinois Half Marathon training officially started. And let’s just say… it’s gotten off to a rough start! I’ve already skipped one run (a 3-miler) because I had had 2 long days in a row with little sleep in between them.
You see, I’m somebody who needs their sleep. Well, I think we all need our sleep but I need 8-hours every night to properly function. My days are so packed with needing to be “on” for classes, clinical, and work that my brain and my body need a long break every night. I’ve always been this way, just ask my college roommates! Unless I was going out that night, I was typically in bed at 10PM and getting up between 6 and 7AM. (I’m also a napper in an ideal world.) I get anxious, cranky, and sort of depressed (?) when I don’t get enough sleep so I try to prioritize that.
One of my goals for this upcoming week is to sort of automate things or prepare ahead of time so that I don’t have to worry about it during the week. In particular, I use Amazon Subscribe and Save for things I don’t buy all of the time like toilet paper, razors, coffee, and cleaning products. I also grocery shop at Aldi using Instacart on a regular basis. I LOVE grocery shopping but if I’m short on time and mental energy, I’d rather outsource that. So now my plan is to start meal prepping on the weekends in an attempt to cut out cooking time during the week (and use that time to run! or chill out!)
If you’d like to start using Instacart, you can get $10 off your first order by using my link! Click here to start using Instacart.
I’m not working tonight #blessed so I’m going to get some ingredients prepared for meals this week! Greek chicken pitas and my street-cart bowl are on the menu this week. Both meals incorporate a lot of the same ingredients.
- Monday: Upper body workout
- Tuesday: 3 miles + back workout
- Wednesday: No workout
- Thursday: 3 miles on the treadmill
- Friday: 30 minutes of intervals + leg workout
- Interval workout (all on a 1.0 incline): 2 minutes walking followed by intervals of 5 minutes @ 6.5MPH and 2 minutes @ 5.0MPH until I got to 30 minutes.
- Leg workout: I had a small room to myself yesterday! So I did a bunch of squats and lunges using platforms, a bosu ball, and weights!
- Saturday: 4 mile run – I did about a mile outside and when my toes lost feeling, I took the rest of my run to the treadmill.
- Sunday: Yoga video
Have a good Monday!