Helllloooo out there and happy Tuesday! It has been quite some time since I shared the beauties that are my weekly workouts. And BONUS! I’ll give ya a look into what I ate in a day. Winner winner chicken dinner.
I am still not cleared to run and I’m getting really antsy and just down in general. Honestly, I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed running until I couldn’t do it anymore. I know, I’m as shocked as you are. But it really sucks not being able to run.
The good news is that I went to the doctor last Wednesday and got an MRI done. He was able to determine that I do not have a stress fracture (yay!) and can stop wearing my boot unless I’m in pain. The bad news is that he saw some inflammation and that he cannot clear me to run. So, I’ll just continue going to physical therapy and doing my PT exercises as instructed. And MORE good news: I get to run at therapy this week!!
I haven’t yet ruled out the marathon this year (and neither has my PT or doctor) but I can’t help feeling totally discouraged. Really, I’m just doing my best to keep up my cardio endurance and strength by cycling at the gym and doing strength training. It’s times like these that I really wish I had my own spin bike at home! (Maybe one day when we have the space.)
Last week was somewhat of a wash for me. I woke up 3/7 days with my right eye swollen shut courtesy of three styes. Yay! And well… I felt way too self-conscious to even go outside, let alone go to the gym! I looked like a freakin’ cyclops.
- Monday: No workout
- Tuesday: No workout
- Wednesday: 60 minutes on the bike
- Thursday: 45 minutes on the bike + a lower body and core workout at physical therapy
- Friday: 60 minutes on the bike + a hip/glute workout on the Nike Training app.
- Saturday: 60 minutes on the bike
- Sunday: No workout – I got home from work at 4:15 and had plans at 5PM so I didn’t have time to make it to the gym before it closed.
What I Ate
Today I’ll be recapping all of my meals from a day when I didn’t wake up hungry, had physical therapy, and had to go to work in the evening!
You’ll probably notice that I eat a pretty high carb diet. I perform best, even when I’m not running, on a diet rich in carbohydrates and a bit lower in the fat department.
- 8AM: 1 cup of coffee with a spoonful of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
- 11AM: My first meal of the day! I don’t typically eat for the first time this late but I didn’t start to feel hungry until halfway through my physical therapy appointment. I made a toasted everything bagel sandwich with an egg, some turkey sausage, a slice of havarti, snaps pretzels, grapes, and an arugula side salad. YUM!
- 6PM: Okay, I was ravenous by the time I got to eat dinner at work. I packed myself more arugula with shredded parmesan and chicken breast, topped off with sliced walnuts and an oil & herb vinaigrette. I also packed a small container of grapes and strawberries AND an Oikos Triple Zero.
- 9:30PM: I usually get hungry around 9/9:30 so instead of grabbing something from the vending machine or whatever treats we have in the break room, I packed 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich. That baby hit the SPOT.
And that’s all for this week, folks!