Hello, everyone! It’s WORKOUT WEDNESDAY (go with it) and Mean Girls Day! Not only is it October 3rd, but it’s a WEDNESDAY and on Wednesday’s, we wear pink! There was a thread on Ask Reddit recently: what film do you think you could quote 50% of while watching? And like, Mean Girls, duh!
What movies do you think you can quote at least 50% of while watching? I think I can do a few:
- Mean Girls (obviously)
- Princess Diaries
- Bring It On
- Legally Blonde
Can you tell I have a type? I had a TV in my room when I was younger. It had a VHS slot but no cable so I watched Princess Diaries (the only VHS that was “mine”) night after night. And then it played constantly on one of the like, 5 channels I got in my dorm freshman year.
ANYWAY! Let’s get to what you’re all really here for: some goal setting + my workouts!
October Fitness Goals:
Since I’m no longer running the marathon (holy cow that’s this weekend!) and don’t need to run 10+ miles on the weekends, I am shifting my focus towards other fitness goals. I do plan to run the marathon in 2019 so I’m not totally abandoning distance running but it’s definitely on the back burner.
- Lose 5 pounds: Getting to a healthy-for-me weight is going to be huge for my fitness + running. I mean, who wants to lug around an extra 25 pounds on a 15-mile run? Uh, nobody. So, ideally, this month I’ll drop 5.
- Incorporate non-distance focused running workouts 2x/week: for me, this can mean HIIT, mile repeats, hills, WHATEVER! These workouts will help make me a stronger, fitter runner.
- Yoga 1x/week: For some reason, incorporating yoga into my workout routine is always the hardest. I think it’s because all I need to do is turn on YouTube and it’s there so I’m like, “okay, I’ll do it later.” But no! I need to add it to my schedule and not skip it.
- Wednesday: HIIT workout + leaner legs on the Nike Training app. My HIIT workout was a 5 minute warm-up jog, 5x30s sprints, 7x15s sprints, and a 5 minute cool-down jog.
- Thursday: uh, my body was destroyed (re: tired! and sore!) from Wednesday’s workout so I took it easy that day with a yoga video on YouTube!
- Friday: 3 miles + upper body workout at the gym!
- Saturday: 4 miles –> lululemon is running a free vending machine on the Lakefront Trail at Fullerton. The vending machine is loaded with tons of great stuff: lulu gear, running nutrition (like honey stinger + nuun), sunscreen, advil, body glide (my lord + savior, amen), and even organic tampons for all my girlz out there. So as a little “reward” for my running, I grabbed myself a baseball hat! How cool, right? There’s one in NYC, too! You can find out more info at Runner’s World.
- Sunday: No workout – I actually slept in pretty late on Sunday morning 😊 and went to the Cubs game in the afternoon!
- Monday: No workout! I had class + had to run some errands before going into work so I didn’t really have time. (And I didn’t want to get up at 6AM.)
- Tuesday: 3 miles on the lakefront + leaner legs workout on the Nike Training App. Getting my workout in yesterday was ROUGH. I didn’t get nearly enough sleep Monday night/Tuesday morning + I had to study for an exam Tuesday afternoon. But you know what, I got up and got that sh-t done!
How were your workouts this week? What goals have you set for this month?