Well, hello, friends! I cannot believe August is over we are already halfway through the first week of September! This year is just f l y i n g by, isn’t it?! Why is it that the days seem to pass so slowly but you turn around and a year has passed? Somebody should do some research on that. They’d probably win a Nobel Prize.
I’m currently snuggled up on the couch while Matt’s watching an episode of Ozark a *quite literally* just watched. He’s watching it now – instead of with me – because he fell asleep when I had it on. And I’m just like, what the heck do I do? Rewatch it? I could but… I could also be here. Writing and sharing with all of YOU.
How was your August? I have to admit, I’m happy that the extremely hot weather is starting to fade away. I love love love fall: all of the colors, the smells (yummy candles at Bath & Body Works, yes!), pumpkin and apple everything, and being able to walk outside without sweating.
August seemed like a month of not doing much but upon reflection, I had a semi-busy month! Summer classes ended in July and August was filled with some travel, some work, and some weekend-events!
- Charlotte – I went to visit my sister, Megan, and her boyfriend, Kyle, a few days after summer school wrapped up. We went to a few really good places to eat (like Tupelo Honey Cafe & 300 East –> GO THERE) and although we couldn’t go to the mountains (because of my boot), I still had a v good time. I’m definitely looking forward to my next visit – this time, without a boot!
- Running – I took most of August off from running and took it easy when PT cleared me. I’m hoping I can really get back into it in September.
- Dogs! – Matt and I watch dogs through the Rover website/app! It’s the best because we get to have a dog pretty much all of the time and make money doing it!
I got a lot of use from my library card this month! I have an eCard which just allows me to “check-out” eBooks (and audiobooks) from the Chicago Public Library, Libby, and Hoopla. I don’t ever need to step foot into the library which is great because my license isn’t updated. I finished two whole books in August! And I’m still somehow behind on my 2018 Goodreads Challenge to finish one book per month.
I’ve also been simultaneously watching a lot of TV and trying to cut back. And when I say that, I mean we’re getting rid of cable and using streaming services (hello, Hulu Live). So I haven’t been watching too much live tv lately but you bet your ass I’m caught up on RHONY.
- You Think It, I’ll Say It
- Eligible: A Modern Retelling of Pride and Prejudice
- The Office – Yep, I’m about 6 years late.
- Sharp Objects – Um, watch it if you haven’t. I’m in line for the ebook at the library but the show is SO GOOD.
I didn’t get a chance to post too many recipes in August and it was mostly due to me not having a site for over half of the month. Anyway, check out some of the yummy things I made last month:
- Peach Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudgy Brownies
- True Food Kitchen – TFK is so, so good and the menu has something for everybody. I grabbed a salad full of medjool dates, manchego cheese, and grilled chicken while Matt got the fennel chicken sausage pizza.
I’m looking forward to getting back into a regular routine in September. Matt and I have a wedding to attend in the middle of the month but aside from that, all we’ve got going on are our classes and working.