Be tailgate ready this fall with a healthier twist on an old favorite. I’ve got Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip on deck, perfect for all of your socially-distanced game days!
It’s 2020 and I’m giving an old favorite – my Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip – a much needed facelift. It’s all about self-care this year, right? Right.
One of my favorite fall past-time is a good ol’ football tailgate. What could be better? Cooler weather, sports camaraderie and friends, good beer, and snacks! But since 2020 seems to be the end of times, traditional tailgates are on hold and we’re relegated to our homes/backyards/driveways.
Much like hot dogs, beer, and burgers, buffalo chicken dip is a tailgate staple. I like to keep things simple and as light-as-can-be for my dip. Dip carrots, celery, or – my personal fav – tortilla chips into this lightened up dip for a guilt free snack.
But you know what sucks about tailgating? Feeling too full to function. Like, when I feast my eyes on a variety of dips I’m just like “gimme all the snacks.” Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. So today I’ve got Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip. You get all of the flavor of standard buffalo chicken dip with like, half the fat.
(Another personal fav of mine: Soft Pretzels with Beer Cheese Dip. Um, YUM.)
My dip is super easy to make. I usually use rotisserie chicken and shred with two forks. And another option for the chicken is to poach a couple chicken breasts and then shred. (For even easier shredding you can throw the chicken into a bowl and use a Kitchenaid Hand or Stand Mixer.)
I like to bake the dip in the oven because it’s quicker but feel free to use your slow-cooker.
Here is a link to the chip bowl I use: Tondo Wooden Chip & Dip Bowl.
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 4 oz low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1 cup low-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 sprigs green onion chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well mixed. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the outsides begin to brown. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve!
- Combine all ingredients into the crockpot and mix well. Cook on "low" for 4 hours or until cheese is melted. Top with garnish and serve!